Thursday, 27 February 2014

DIY vintage painted artpiece

Last year me and my Dad found boxes of old photographs that belonged to my Nana. Beautiful photo's going years back of a family I never even met. So beautiful and great to see where I get my Italian looks and traits:)
A while back I finally got around to scanning all the photo's so they could 'never' be lost. There where a few photo's that I had printed and framed because they are so beautiful and I think it's always important to add pictures to the house and surround yourself with family and friends:)

Nearly all the pictures I have of my Nana are in black and white which I find add a certain charm to the picture.
I've been looking for a DIY for a while that I could apply to the pictures, something that could make them jump off the wall and catch the eye immediately.
On one of my favourite sites ABeautifulMess I found just the DIY I was looking for and as it's so easy to recreate I thought I could share it with all you lovely readers!

What you need for this DIY:
- An 'old' photograph
- Paint
- Tiny/thin paintbrush
- Picture frame

The hardest part of this DIY is finding a picture! I seriously took ages picking out a picture I wanted to paint and frame. If the picture you have chosen is not in black and white, like mine, you can simply change it to black and white in Photoshop. Once printed you can paint the defining features using the original picture as reference. I made sure to only paint my Nana and her sister to make them really stand out. When the paint was dry I put it in a beautiful old vintage frame I had.                    
You can apply this to every (colour) picture you have and simply change it to black and white in Photoshop.

I love the way this picture turned out. The contrast between black and white and the colour gives the picture a vintage look and stands out great in our hall.

Have fun with this DIY!

XOX Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment