Sunday, 2 March 2014

DIY Rustic Clipboards

Now most people who know me, know that I love (old) photographs and photography. It makes a house a home. I'm also always looking for new ways to display not only pictures but also artwork and quotes. Basically anything that looks good and inspires me everyday!
Now I found this DIY on ABeautifulMess.typepad.com which is easy to make and looks awesome! You could always cheat and buy the clipboards which are available in quite a few shops but handmade is always better:)

What you will need for this DIY:
- Flat piece of wood
- Electric saw (Electric cuts through wood faster and prevents the wood from chipping or breaking off halfway through sawing)
- Clipboard clips (bought in any hardware store)
- Any picture, artwork or quote you want to display

First of all you need to think about the size you want to make the clipboard and outline this on the wood. Carefully cut the wood and sand the wood afterwards to make sure there are no splinters or hard edges.
Basically the clipboard is completed at this point. All you need to do is get the clip and the item you want to display and clamp it onto the board!


I love the simplicity of the project and how good they look hanging/standing up! I love that when you are fed up of the picture there is no taking the frame of the wall, taking the picture out and the pain of cutting too little or too much off a picture to make it fit into the frame! Simply take the picture out from under the clip and place another one under it! Simple and fun:)

I hope you have fun with this project!

Xox Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment