Saturday, 16 November 2013

Colour your cutlery!

Eating is one of my favourite things to do:) Providing it's delicious and I get to share it with my friends and family. And what better way to enjoy food than with coloured cutlery?!
It's a simple little DIY that I picked up from a genious blog Hi Gorgeous.

All you need to create this DIY:

-Cutlery you want to colour
-Nailvarnish

I decided to create that dip-dye look you see everywhere these days. It's a fun and fast way to make anything look custom made for your home.
I simply used tape to mark off the side I wanted to colour and used nailvarnish to colour it in.
I used two layers of nailvarnish to get an even colour all over.
Make sure to let the cutlery dry enough otherwise you risk everything being covered in nailvarnish!
I placed my painted cutlery on a plate to dry.

 After they have dried enough you simply remove the tape to reveal your dip-dyed cutlery!
And the beauty is that if you don't like the colour anymore you can simply remove it with nailvarnish remover:)
I do the washing up by hand at home and the nailvarnish has kept for up to five washing up sessions already. I cannot be sure that the varnish will stay on in the dishwasher, but it's easily repainted if it doesn't :)

The spoons and forks look super cute! I wonder why I never thought do to this before!?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for letting me share!

Xox Elena

 

No comments:

Post a Comment