Tuesday, 19 November 2013

DIY Teacup Jewelry Display

As most other girls I have a slight addiction to jewelry. Come to think of it maybe not so slight:)
Due to space issues my jewelry was hidden in tins inside my wardrobe for ages and I needed a way for not only easier access but also a way of displaying my best pieces:)

This DIY with old (cute!) teacups is not only easy but also a cheap and a quick way to create a quirky jewelry display in your room. They don't take up much room either and look too cute:)
What you need for this DIY:
-Teacups and saucers (mix and match all you like!)-Glue

To create the display you simply glue the cups to the saucers. Make sure to glue the bottom of the cup to the bottom of the saucer to create the look you want. You can just have a cup and a saucer but you can also, like me, choose to glue another cup on top of the saucer to place jewelry in the cup! (see picture below) I made two displays as can be seen in the picture below. One for my (diy) rings and one for my nailvarnish!

As you can see in the picture above, I use cups for my hairpins and cottonbuds as well. The cups look much better than plastic containers!
A while ago I spray painted some glass bottles gold. I had the bottles in the livingroom, but due to my excessive DIY'ing I needed to create more space:)
The bottles doubled as a great way to hang my bracelets on and made the picture complete!

It's a super cheap and easy diy. The glue you can buy anywhere, or you probably already have it lying around the house. The teacups and saucers can be thrifted for the smallest prices! Easy Peasy:)

Happy DIY'ing and thanks for letting me share!

Xox Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment