Friday, 15 November 2013

DIY orange candles

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday!

This week has been all about painting and re-decorating our bathroom, I've had so little time for DIY'ing!
But! I found this funny orange candle diy this week and I just couldn't resist trying it out!
I've seen these babies pop up all over the internet the last few days so I've seen a few different methods.

This is the method I used to create these fun little candles.

You will need:
-Orange
-Olive Oil
-Knife
-Candle (optional)

First off I cut the orange down the middle and removed the peel. When you have removed the peel make sure that one half of the peel has a wick. This is the white bit in the orange. When you remove the peel slowly this will not damage. However, when you do remove the peel and the white part is not attached to you can always choose to place a candle in the orange. It gives the same effect in the end.
When you have your two halves, pour some olive oil into the peel and make sure you cover the wick.
Let the olive oil soak for a few minutes before lightning otherwise your wick will burn down quickly leaving less time to enjoy the candle.
In the other half, cut a round (or square/oval/anything you fancy) hole in the top. This half will serve as the top of the candle.

Light the wick, place the top and enjoy! I do have to add that it isn't easy to light the wick and it may take you a few tries to light it:)

This DIY is so simple to make and it's a fun alternative to candles. Especially if you are into recycling this is the perfect project for you:)
Have fun making these cuties and thanks for letting me share:)

Xox Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment