Monday, 1 September 2014

#100HappyDays challenge completed!

Hello all! I'm back from a (long) hiatus and although I've not been posting and creating much, I did take on the #100happydays challenge! Yesterday was my 100th day which means I succesfully completed the challenge :)
It wasn't the hardest challenge I've ever set myself but it has been fun! Through the challenge I noticed a few friends getting in on the fun as well so the challenge has been setting foot in Holland more and more.

I keep encouraging my friends and family to participate but the only excuse they always ever give is either they don't have the time (lame!) or they don't see the point (lame!). These are two excuses that in my books just don't go.

Finding happiness in the small things around us is fun and helps remind yourself why life is fun and why you love doing what you do.
Someone said to me that they didn't think it was worth participating because they didn't think they had much to be happy about and didn't think they could find something everyday to post about!
For all the people who think like this, I've compiled a small list of fun things to help make yourself happy and create happy thoughts :)

* Buy yourself some lovely flowers. Who hates flowers? No one, which is my point!
* Start a (new) book. I am an absolute bookworm and there is nothing that can make me happier than a cup of tea and a brand new book!
* Put on your favourite record. Maybe even have a little dance while you're at it? :)
* Go for a walk. You might meet someone you know or even discover a new (happy) spot just around the corner.
* Try out a new recipe. Be it for dinner, a cocktail or a sandwich, I know good food always brings a smile to my face:)
* Clean out your wardrobe. Throw away anything you don't like, doesn't fit or you didn't even knew you owned. Good excuse for a good shopping trip wouldn't you say?!
* Take up a sport or hobby. I started painting again and have kept it up during the challenge. It's my new found passion!
* Make a list of projects you have been avoiding or haven't got time for. Believe me, there is nothing better than crossing off stuff on a list!
* Look through (old) pictures. While cleaning up my computer I came across loads of pictures of my family. There is nothing funnier than seeing a picture of your younger self, gaptoothed and all in an amazing 90's getup. I mean, come on Mum, seriously?!
* Watch your favourite film. Hook does it for me!:)
* Don't plan anything and just chill. Either alone, with friends or with your love. Don't plan anything and see where the evening takes you!

Sometimes I wasn't having the best of days, like lots of people, and these days right there are the best days to challenge yourself to find that happy moment. Be it a beautiful wildflower, a picture of your pet or even a lovely dinner. Anyhting counts and the beauty of the challenge is that there are no wrong answers. Nobody can tell you what can or can't make you happy, that's a personal thing. 

I really hope more and more people keep joining in on the challenge. So if you are already participating and you know people who are not, encourage them!! It will absolutely make a difference in your life and at the end of the day, it's just fun!
Just for laughs I leave you with some absolutely gorgeous pics that I snapped during the challenge!
Because who doesn't love Brownies?!
Me with my beau in Amsterdam!
Because cats are always funny. 
Treated myself to some flowers!:)
If that doesn't make you happy, you have no soul. 
Wish I could play this night on repeat. Over and over and over...

Xox Elena 

2 comments:

  1. Ik lust geen Brownies en voelde me helemaal schuldig nadat Benny had geprobeerd om die dingen 2 dagen lang te slijten aan me. Voelde me helemaal schuldig omdat je zo je best had gedaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha en ik me lullig voelde omdat je ze niet luste :P Volgende maak ik iets wat alleen jij lust :P

      Delete