I don't know about you guys but I however sick I am I get so incredibly bored that I just have to do something and this way I am basically slowing down the healing proces... It's a vicious thing.
For all the glitter addicts I found a wonderful new project. I previously did a similar project except I used lace instead of glitter. This bowl is slightly better and slightly more awesome!
What you need for this diy:
- Glitter
- Mod Podge
- Paintbrush
- Balloon
- Two bowls
Blow up the balloon and place it into one of the bowls to keep it steady. In the other bowl mix a good deal of Mod Podge and the glitter together. You will need quite a big amount of glitter for this diy. My advice is to look around the thrift stores before you hit up the arts and crafts store where you will be paying a good deal more than thrifting it! Once the glue and the glitter are mixed well enough you can start spreading it out evenly onto the balloon. Make sure you think of the size you want the bowl to be so you can distribute the glue nice and evenly.
Get a good thick layer onto the balloon to make sure it is sturdy and so that it won't crumble once you pop the balloon!
Now you simply have to let the Mod Podge dry for as long as it needs. I left mine overnight just to be sure it was completely dry.
Once you find it's dry you can choose to pop the balloon!
And the bowl is finished!
I don't recommend putting anything too heavy in the bowl, depending of course on how thick you made it. It serves as a great eye catcher in a room and it just looks so pretty!;)
Unfortunately my bowl broke due to me dropping it... I am making another one soon because it turned out so well! But for now I have the above picture from this blog which is the same size and colour as mine was:)
Unfortunately my bowl broke due to me dropping it... I am making another one soon because it turned out so well! But for now I have the above picture from this blog which is the same size and colour as mine was:)
Have fun with this diy and have a great weekend!
Xox Elena


No comments:
Post a Comment