Time flies! Especially when you are on your holidays! I hate it that a working week can seem to last like years and holidays are over in hours!
As we are both busy with work and different projects during a normal week we wanted to spend the holidays together doing fun stuff and seeing different places.
Now seeing places and doing fun stuff in my book is trying new recipies, visiting flee markets and going to different countries ie. Belgium and Germany. My boyfriend on the other hand loves to play video games and do anything but shopping!
So you see, sometimes our holiday wishes clash. This week we did manage to combine both our wishes and make it a fun and amazing first week of the holidays!
 |
We visited a beautiful 'Biergarten' in Xanten, Germany.
Beer, sunshine and 'curryworst' is an awesome combi! |
 |
And so welcoming!
|
 |
We went on a walk in the woods in Leur. It was a beautiful
walk in a beautiful countryside. We paired it with a ice cold
beer in a local restaurant:) Always welcome on a warm day!
We spent the day with my parents and brother who although
live nearby we don't see very often. |
 |
| We found this cave, no-one dared go in though! |
 |
Looking at this picture and the landscape you could
easily dream yourself into another country! |
 |
We visited a "Zoo" in Kleve, Germany. They call themselves a zoo
although most of the animals are farm animals! My parents used
to take me and my brother there when we were tiny tots and the place
just has this nostalgic feel to it. If you are ever in or near Kleve it's worth
a visit! And be sure to buy the animal food so you can feed the animals
yourself! Be warned that your inner child will come out when
you visit!
|
 |
Today we went minigolfing...
It had been a while, at least that's the excuse I
have for finishing last! We visited Afferden
with my parents and it was the weirdest
and most fun golfing experience I have had in ages!
I literally laughed until I cried, seriously.
|
 |
My mum has a habit of collecting things when on holiday.
Sometimes not such a success, but in the case of the seashells
it's a definite yes! I made a flower holder for Mothers day this year
and she has made good use of it this far by putting seashells found
on holiday in Zeeland. It makes a table look so much more nicer
and can colour a room instantly. More on how to make the flower holder in the next post! |
 |
Holidays or not, I always have time for
a new project! I will include this project in the
next post. Hint: it involves flowers and a can of spraypaint... |
 |
And, shamefully so, one of the highlights
of this holiday week was finding this
'Honey Whiskey' in a shop in Germany.
It is absolutely lovely! And so sweet!
Normally we don't drink on a weekday,
but what are the holidays for?! |
And we still have 2 weeks off! I can't wait for the next weeks to commence! Tomorrow we leave for Antwerp to have an amazing day there! Tuesday the amazing (and gorgeous) Frank Turner is playing in Nijmegen which I can't wait for! And I also have my driving exam this week so fingers crossed! That means that if I pass we will be going to Ikea next week! My boyfriend honestly hates Ikea and says that 'nothing could make him more depresses'. So, I'll just have to go on my own!
Anyway my Iphone is charged and ready to shoot pictures which I will definately share with you all!
For now have a great week and thanks for letting me share!
xox Elena
No comments:
Post a Comment