I first started making my own rings when I found that most of the rings in the shops were either not to my liking or too expensive.
I also had lots of earrings that I just didn't wear anymore or I was missing one of them. They were just sitting in a tin gathering dust. I had a little snoop around the internet to see where I could get basic rings, and found that the arts & craft shop Pipoos is the cheapest one. If anyone knows a cheaper one please let me know!
So over the weekend I couldn't find a ring to wear with my outfit and decided to just have a look what I could glue. I next spent the entire afternoon making rings instead of cleaning. It was much more fun!
All you need to create your own rings are:
-Adjustable rings ( Found in any arts&crafts store)
- Earrings, scrabble letters, pendants, anything that has a flat surface and can be glued to the ring
- Superglue
- De-greaser
- Wire cutters
- File
All you need to create your own rings are:
-Adjustable rings ( Found in any arts&crafts store)
- Earrings, scrabble letters, pendants, anything that has a flat surface and can be glued to the ring
- Superglue
- De-greaser
- Wire cutters
- File
First off you need to de-grease the metal rings to make sure the glue will hold properly.
With a pair of pliers or wire cutter take off the back of the earring/brooch/pendant and if needed file it down evenly. Make sure to de-grease this as well!
Next you can apply glue onto the ring and stick your earring/brooch/etc on. Hold it down for a couple of seconds just to give it that extra hold-on and then let it dry for as long as needed. And that it all you need to do! It's the simplest thing and you can make as many rings as you want!
So if you have any earrings lying around or a pendant you don't wear anymore, save it don't throw it away! It could make for a nice little ring!
And you can also make it as quirky as you want them to be! I have made rings out of Scrabble letters, old buttons, brooches, earrings, stamps and Domino stones. Anything goes! As long as you like it! And they're also one of a kind!
Thanks for letting me share!
Happy DIY'ing!
Xox Elena
With a pair of pliers or wire cutter take off the back of the earring/brooch/pendant and if needed file it down evenly. Make sure to de-grease this as well!
Next you can apply glue onto the ring and stick your earring/brooch/etc on. Hold it down for a couple of seconds just to give it that extra hold-on and then let it dry for as long as needed. And that it all you need to do! It's the simplest thing and you can make as many rings as you want!
So if you have any earrings lying around or a pendant you don't wear anymore, save it don't throw it away! It could make for a nice little ring!
And you can also make it as quirky as you want them to be! I have made rings out of Scrabble letters, old buttons, brooches, earrings, stamps and Domino stones. Anything goes! As long as you like it! And they're also one of a kind!
Thanks for letting me share!
Happy DIY'ing!
Xox Elena
Hey Elena! I LOVE your blog! Really great ideas! If you are still interested in adjustable rings, visit eBay. You can buy bags of 500 for less than $3,- and that's usually with free worldwide shipping! The only thing you need is a credit card or a PayPal account, and with PayPal you can pay with iDeal! Good luck and keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete