Friday, 20 September 2013

Autumn Wreath DIY

The days are getting shorter and colder and autumn is just around the corner. We were lucky to have a great summer with loads of sunshine, especially during our holidays. Something I am super grateful for!

But with the days getting colder and wetter the urge to create and keep myself busy inside is growing stronger!
I have been searching the web for awesome autumn projects and kept seeing these beautiful wreaths. Autumn colours are gorgeous and bringing them inside makes the upcoming autumn feel less worse:)

So today I decided to go to one of my favourite thrift stores (Vraag en Aanbod in Wijchen) to see what I could score to create my little project. I chose to thrift the items I needed because the silk flowers needed to create the wreath are so expensive! And I am all about saving money and spending as little as possible to create something beautiful!

The items I used to create my wreath are:

- Silk Flowers, leaves and/or berries in autumn colours
- Foam wreath form
- Scissors
- Glue
First off I cut off all the berries from the stems, leaving about 4 cm. over to stick into the foam.
Then I simply started sticking the ends into the foam until I had the entire shape covered in berries. Because the berries were cut off into quite big bunches I found I had patches between the flowers where you could see the foam popping out from underneath. To fix this is I simply glued some left over berries ontop and inbetween the other ones to fill the gaps.  

When finished the wreath should look like the above picture! It's so simple and easy to make. It took me about 15 minutes to create, and that's including the time I spent trying to keep my cats from eating the berries! So imagine how much quicker you could do it!:)

Our wreath looks beautiful in the livingroom and I can't wait to add some more autumn into the house with more flower arrangements!

Thanks for letting me share and happ DIY'ing!

Xox Elena

*Listening to Bruno Mars, Unorthodox Jukebox

No comments:

Post a Comment