Thursday, 18 September 2014

Foodie DIY Delicious Ovenroasted tomatoes

I love cooking with tomatoes, and especially sundried tomatoes! Just talking about my Mum's tomato sauce is making me hungry so let's move on!
Looking at any jar of sundried tomatoes I thought the ingredients couldn't be that many, and I was right! I found this recipe for Ovenroasted tomatoes on this lovely little website and they turned out just as amazing, if not better, than the store bought ones!

Needed:
- Cherrytomatoes. I used approx. 250 grams.
- Olive oil
- Garlic. Crushed or sliced finely
- Two teaspoons of italian herbs. You can use any mix you like really but if you stick to the classic Italian herbs like oregano, basil and thyme you will get a perfect mixture that mixes well with the tomatoes.

Preheat the oven to 100 degrees.
Mix the olive oil, garlic and the herbs in a bowl. Place the halved tomatoes onto a baking tray and pour the oil mixture onto the tomatoes. Mix them about a bit making sure the tomatoes are completely covered in oil. Place the baking tray into the oven making sure the tomatoes are places with the sliced side upwards.



Let the tomatoes bake in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. When they are done let them cool down completely before putting them in a clean jar. Top the jar up with a little bit of olive oil and place in the fridge to keep!
It's that simple!These tomatoes are lovely in a salad, on a sarnie, on top of a delicious selfmade pizza or even by themselves with a little mozzarella!
Selfmade pizza w/ ovenroasted tomatoes, mozzarela, ham and rocket. Yum!
Happy baking!

Xox Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment