Now with Valentines Day coming up I thought it would be a nice idea to share these wonderous pieces of heaven with all of you! They are the perfect treat for everyone with a sweet tooth and are great to make as there are done quickly and you can snack on the gummy bears while baking:) If you love Jammy Dodgers then you will absolutely love these cookies!
What you need for these delicious treats:
- 115 grams of butter
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams flour
- pinch of salt
- Gummy bears (I used only red since these are for Valentines Day but you can mix it up al you wish!)
First up mix the butter and the brown sugar together. Stir in the egg yolk and the vanilla extract then add the flour and salt and mix well until all the ingredients are combined and the dough is slightly crumbly. Place the dough in the fridge to firm up for about 10-15 minutes,
While the dough is in the fridge, preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
When the dough has been in the fridge long enough, take it out and shape it onto small balls. The dough should make about 20 balls. Place the balls onto a baking tray covered in baking paper. With your thumb press a hole into the dough.
Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes. While they are baking, take the Gummy bears, one per cookie, and cut them in half. Once the cookies have been in the oven for about ten minutes, take them out and press two halves of the gummy bears into the hole created. Pop the cookies back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes or until the gummy bears have melted nicely. As you can see in the picture I left my cookies in for just a tad too long so it's important to watch them while they are baking! The taste is the same but the look of them is not.
The first time I made these I didn't have any eggs. To loosen the mixture up I used a splash of milk which did the trick!
Let the cookies cool down and enjoy! I hope you have as much fun making and eating these cookies as I did!
For the original post check out ABeautifulMess and be inspired by their other projects!
Xox Elena


No comments:
Post a Comment