Thursday, 6 February 2014

DIY Dipped and drippy plantpots

Now I don't know about all you, but a splash of colour always does a lot of good in my books! One thing I always have in our house are plants. Keeping plants in a house with cats is quite a challenge but it's not one I'm backing down from! Now back to the colour. Adding colour adds a warm feel to your house and also a suprise around every corner. Now everyone that knows me knows that I love dipdye and everywhere I can apply it to, I will! Thus came the idea to dipdye these plantpots. They are a real eyecatcher as I used orange paint left over from a previous project. I never throw paint away as I never know what I can use it for next:) What I did to create the effect seen on the picture is pour the paint into a dish making sure you have a nice layer. Then you simply dip the pots in and swivel them around until you have a nice pattern forming on the bottom of the plantpots.
When you have finished dipping get an old spoon (or any other flat instrument) and scrape the excess paint off the pot.
As you can see in the picture below I left quite a lot of paint on and the pot has loads of stripes. If you don't want as many stripes them make sure you properly take of all the paint before you let it dry.
Place the pots in a well ventilated room and let them dry completely.
Plant your plants into the pots and they are ready to display!

It's so easy to add playfull colour around the house and it really brightens up a room! Hope you all enjoy this DIY as much as I do!




Xox Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment