My oh my it seems I blinked and Christmas was over! I had a lovely time with friends and family and yes I overindulged on quite a few sweets...
In all the Christmas craze I found time for some fun little projects for the upcoming New Year festivities! Because what's New Year without a splurge of gold?!..
Gold dipped champagne flutes
Needed
-Champagne flutes
-Gold spraypaint
-Painters tape
-Plastic bags
-Scissors
First off, mark the glasses using the tape to create the pattern in the glass. As you can see in the pictures I creates a slanted pattern. Make sure not to spray too close to the top of the glass as you don't want to make drinking champagne a hazard!
When applying the tape it's okay if the top part isn't flat as long as the bottom part is stuck flat against the glass. Before you flatten the tape onto the glass completely, get the plastic bags and tie them around the top of the glass covering the entire top of the glass and tuck them under the tape. If needed you can use extra tape to stick the plastic on like I did.
The glasses should look something like this when you have finished with the plastic and the tape.
And now it's time to spray! Make sure you are in a well ventilated area and everything is covered! Not everything needs to be gold!!
Wait for the paint to dry and carefully remove the plastic and the tape!
As seen in the picture I applied too much paint on one of the glasses and it startes to drip. But after enough champagne I'm sure no one will notice:)
And there you have ready to use gold dipped champagne flutes!
For the original post you can check out higorgeous. They have loads of lovely diy's and tips and tricks to spruce up home and wardrobe!
And that is exactly the place I found this next lovely diy!
-Balloons (I used white but you can use any colour you like)
-Gold paint
-Paintbrush
To make these lovely balloons, first off you need to blow these babies up!;)
In a jar, you add some gold paint. If the paint is too thick you can add some water. Dip the paintbrush in the paint and simply flick the paint at the balloons creating small dots all over. I covered my balloons quite thoroughly with paint but you can use as much or as little as you want.
When finished hang them up to dry. As you can see in te picture I hung my balloons up on the ceiling and loved the look of them there so there they will stay:) I used gold ribbon to hang them up to make it that bit more festive.
I love the look of them! Especially after I just took almost all of my Christmas decorations down and the house looks bare!
This way I can slowly simmer down the decorations bit by bit to get used to it!
These are really easy diy's to make, especially on the day itself when you don't have much time. And they spruce up the house in the blink of an eye!
I hope everybody has a wonderfull new years eve and a great start to the new year!!
I will see you all in the new year with some brand new diy's!
Xox Elena





No comments:
Post a Comment