Sunday, 29 September 2013

DIY Gold Vases

Weekend is here and I have another gold themed DIY for you all! It just brings that extra bit of bling into your house and looks super nice!

What I love about these kinds of DIY is that the items and colours you choose can be anything that suits your mood and house style. On top of that you use items that you probably already have lying around the house waiting to be recycled!

What you need for this DIY are:
- Glass vases, bottles and jars (for example an empty peanut butter jar or a empty cola bottle)
- Spray paint in your favourite colour(s)

Make sure to wash the jars and vases before you spray them to make sure the paint sticks properly.
Next you simply have to spray paint all the items you have.
Putting the items onto a brick for example gives them height and makes them easier to spray. This way you don't have to hold them while spraying and either get paint on your hands or fingerprints on the glass!

Once the paint has dried the new vases are ready for use!
You can choose to display each one in a different place in the house or choose to group them all together, it's totally up to you.
As you can see in the picture I grouped mine together. This makes them stand out more in the house and looks just so pretty with a single flower in one or some of the vases.

Currently I have no flowers in mine due to the fact that my cats kept eating them. So instead of moving the vases every time I just took the flowers out. Saves a lot of stress!

Happy DIY'ing and have a good weekend!

Xox Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment