Monday, 19 August 2013

Weekend Vintage


So despite the uhm 'not so good' weather Sunday we ventured out on a quest to find vintage and retro goods!
My boyfriend always has hope that the markets I 'drag' him to have retro games so luckily he is always willing to come with me!
We heard of a vintage and antiques market in Wijchen and a vintage market in Tiel. We always make sure we go nice and early to beat the crowd.
What I love about antique markets is that I have loads of antique at home without realising it! It's funny to see items like the bird ornament in the picture below (that we kind of use as a recordholder) sell for €55 at these markets! Yesterday I learnt that my bird 'bookholder' is from the 30's and quite a sought after ornament! And to think I bought mine for €0,50 in a thrift store years ago! You never know do you!?






The way the stalls had been put together also gave me inspiration for our home! I couldn't wait to get home and dig out some items to display in our house!
We had a lovely weekend full of bargains and inspiration. It kind of made me happy it was raining, it's the best excuse to go hunting! And I've learnt once more not to take time to 'think about items'. I missed out on a beautiful 60's lamp because of my own stupidity! It would have looked so good in our house!



At the market in Wijchen I found another beautiful alarmclock to add to my collection. The prices were a little to high for me to splurge on more stuff but fortunately the market in Tiel had a bit more vintage in my price frame!

I found a gorgeous orange basket that looks really nice next to our orange chair! An enamel hanging plantpot and an orange tea tin! Super additions to our home!






Next week our holidays begin so hopefully we can fill it with markets, markets and markets!:)

Thanks for letting me share!
Happy Monday and have a good week!
Xox Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment